JDKG has more than a decade of experience representing both group and individually owned auto dealerships. We get involved with a broad range of issues–from corporate and transactional business, to litigation and related issues.
Our corporate and transactional experience includes:
- Representing buying and selling dealers in asset and stock transactions.
- Representing dealers in connection with floor-plan financing.
- Assisting dealers in licensing matters, franchise approval, and dealership construction loans and contracts.
- Providing counsel and assistance in structuring partnerships for dealer real estate acquisitions.
- Facilitating commercial lease preparation and review.
- Reviewing contracts for dealership vendors.
- Providing Human Resource guidance and assistance.
Our litigation experience includes:
- Defending dealerships against consumer claims.
- Representing clients in complex multi-party defense work, such as roll-over, dealer’s inventory tax, or consumer benefits package litigation.
- Addressing administrative matters involving TXDOT, Attorney General investigations and litigation, advertising violations, and employment disputes.
- Responding to state level EEOC claims and defending our clients against those claims in state or federal court.
- Representing clients facing Department of Labor pay plan audits as well as minimum wage claims made by commissioned sales personnel.
- Litigating indemnity issues involving manufacturers.
- Advising clients regarding lender’s floor-plan requirements and litigating floor-plan disputes.
- Litigating claims involving financing companies.
- Prosecuting collection claims for dealer-owned finance companies, including representing lenders’ as creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
JDKG understands the unique and challenging issues faced by auto dealers today, and we are prepared to protect their interests.