JDKG has more than a decade of experience representing employers in the area of employment law. We have expertise with a broad range of employment issues, from implementation of measures for litigation avoidance, to representing employers in a variety of labor and employment issues.
Our litigation avoidance experience includes:
- Assisting our clients with wage and hour issues.
- Counseling HR departments on hiring decisions.
- Establishing termination/progressive discipline processes.
- Advising our clients regarding OSHA regulations.
- Addressing wage and hour/paycheck issues.
- Creating and reviewing employment contracts, non-competition agreements, and employment manuals.
- Establishing drug and alcohol policies.
- Advising our clients concerning the use of polygraph tests.
- Counseling our clients concerning the requirements of FMLA.
- Representing clients faced with collective bargaining and NLRB matters.
Our experience representing employers includes:
- Responding to state level EEOC issues, as well as federal or state employment litigation matters.
- Defending clients against Department of Labor pay plan audits and allegations of minimum wage violations.
- Representing clients in employment discrimination litigation (Title VII, ADA, ADEA, Texas Commission on Human Rights).
- Litigating issues of wage and hour/FLSA.
- Representing clients in litigation involving non-competition agreements.
We understand the complex employment law issues confronting employers. Whether our clients need help in creating strategies for litigation avoidance, or need aggressive representation in a labor or employment issue, we can help.