Sara is a Houston native and received her B.A. from Texas State University with a double major in English and Political Science. She then attended South Texas College of Law where she graduated third in her law school class. While in law school, Sara was a member of the South Texas Law Review and served as an assistant editor. After law school, Sara clerked for the Honorable Reed O’Connor, U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of Texas. Since returning to Houston, Sara has focused her practice in commercial litigation. Sara joined JDKG in March 2014.
Highlights and Representative Matters
• Third chair in successful trial resulting in multi-million judgment in favor of Operator in dispute relating to oil & gas project and breaches of the Joint Operating Agreements.
• Obtained 12(b)(1) dismissal of fraud-based claims in franchisor-franchisee action in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division.
• Successful representation of litigation finance lender in multi-million dollar dispute in state district court that arose between attorney borrowers and lender over electronic lending transaction.
• Sandt v. Energy Maint. Servs. Grp. I, LLC, 534 S.W.3d 626, 637 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2017, pet. pending). Successful appeal on behalf of Appellee affirming trial court’s decision confirming grant of indemnification to officer of company.
• Obtained 12(b)(6) dismissal for Houston client in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi, Greenville Division.
• Second chair in successful arbitration for global client related to electronic transactions and payment systems.
Texas State Courts
5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
Awards & Recognitions
Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2021)
Top Verdict for 2020: Top 100 Nationally; Top 20 in Texas
South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2011, summa cum laude
Texas State University, B.A., 2004, cum laude
Judicial Clerk, Honorable Reed O’Connor, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division, 2012
Judicial Intern, Honorable David Hittner, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division, 2011
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association
Houston Young Lawyers Association
A Model Future: The Future of Foreign Direct Investment and Bilateral Investment Treaties, 53 S. TEX. LAW R. 605 (2012).